-
July 17th, 2005, 04:56 AM
#11
Inactive Member
Okay I am just too tired to try to sort it out right now...I'll try again tom.
-
July 18th, 2005, 05:06 AM
#12
HB Forum Owner
I waited in line to get my grubby lil mits on a first edition hardback copy.
Luckily we in Australia had a decent time to go wait in line. Our shops opened up at 9.01am. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Im reading it slowly to savour it. I even stopped reading a book mid way thru it by another of my favourite authors so I can read the Potter book.
-
July 18th, 2005, 01:50 PM
#13
Inactive Member
I've never read any of the 'Potter' books or seen any of the movies.
An obvious social gaffe. hmmm....
I actually thought about reading the first book and working my way up from there. Same thing with the movies but we'll see.
-
July 18th, 2005, 02:34 PM
#14
Inactive Member
Oh definitly start with the books, The movies are good, but the narrative is better.
Our library got 3 copies of the new one and a waithing list (I am #23)
-
July 19th, 2005, 08:04 AM
#15
HB Forum Owner
Oh definately read the books first. The ovies are good but they're so...empty...after you've read the books.
-
July 19th, 2005, 07:09 PM
#16
Inactive Member
I don't know what the hype is about the books being so hard to find..our local super walmart has tons.....I'll borrow Chloes and start reading them...
-
July 20th, 2005, 04:45 PM
#17
Inactive Member
I think I WILL start with the books. People like 'em better, it seems.
Thanks everyone.
Mannequin [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
-
July 20th, 2005, 04:51 PM
#18
Inactive Member
First, yes DO read the books! They are fantastic! You will love them and second, MOM!! You should NOT shop at Walmart!!! I am so ashamed of you. LOL- Support your local bookstores. Third, nice place Noize. I finally had time to stop in. Heyt Rae, hey Belle. Crap...gotta go back to work. **sigh**
-
July 20th, 2005, 08:24 PM
#19
Inactive Member
Hello Cherry_Pez, It is nice to see you out and about. I'm glad you had a few minutes to visit.
I have only had this board a few months, but it is slowly growing. There have been so many nice people that I have ran into.
RogEr
-
July 21st, 2005, 10:55 AM
#20
Inactive Member
Yeah..we have a pretty loyal crowd, which is nice. Lefty, Zookeeper, ADPZ and I have been posting together for about six years. My mom, Cherrysmum, has been posting for about three. And Cherrysis, my bestfriend since 1991, just recently started posting. In fact, I have met two of my co-posters when I flew up to NH to meet my old co-moderator, BonBon. But it is nice to have another board where people can mix and mingle. I will really try to come out more often to visit you. Are you a writer, or have you studied any type of creative writing?? I gather you are from IL. So what do you do? What brought you to Hostboard?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks